SITI Company is hiring:
JOB TYPE: Part-Time (6 month position with the possibility for extension)
NYC-based with in-person and remote work
SALARY: $30/hour for 20-30 hours/week
SITI is currently in the process of a comprehensive Legacy Plan which seeks to preserve the Company’s body of work for future generations. The Legacy Plan includes a 30th Anniversary finale season, the creation of the SITI Living Archive, and robust training and community engagement offerings. At the conclusion of the finale season in December 2022, SITI Company will cease to operate in its current iteration as a touring, teaching, performing ensemble with an administrative staff and a studio and instead will transition to a more flexible configuration. Some SITI Company members will continue to work on theatrical projects together and separately, in addition to teaching and licensing SITI Company works. Read the full Legacy Plan announcement here: siti.org/about/press/
SITI Company is committed to anti-racism, diversity, equity, inclusion, and the creation of safe spaces for all artists to create work; and for all artists and employees to work in an environment that respects all aspects of their identity including, age, race, sex, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, and ability. In furtherance of these goals, SITI highly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
SITI Company seeks a detail-oriented and dynamic individual to work closely with Sharon Lehner, SITI Archive Consultant, along with SITI’s Producing Director and Executive Director on Phase 1 of the SITI Living Archive. This is a unique opportunity to preserve the legacy of a significant ensemble company, and to document the process for field-wide learning.
- Create and implement a retention schedule;
- Shred records of non-archival value that are past their required retention dates;
- Research appropriate digital tool for the description and management of digital surrogates such as Collective Access;
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings and archival reviews of records;
- Structure how SITI Company will contribute to the project;
- Arrange records with respect to their provenance and original order, when possible, to protect their context;
- Digitize selected records;
- Identify and administer the outsourcing of digitization services;
- Process physical collections;
- Create finding aids;
- Activate the Archives—Amplify SITI Archives project as it is evolving on website;
- Support SITI Archives fundraising efforts.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently, take initiative, prepare professional quality documents, and advance the Company’s mission through their everyday work on the SITI Living Archive. Strong analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to work with imagination and determination when facing obstacles, impeccable written and verbal communication skills, and computer literacy are essential.
- A genuine interest in SITI’s artistic work and legacy to the field;
- Master of Library and Information Sciences or Archival Studies from an ALA-accredited institution;
- Minimum 2 years of related experience;
- Practical knowledge of archival theory and best practice;
- Knowledge of professional principles and best practices;
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent organizational, time, and project management skills;
- Ability to learn and use dynamic database, as well as a basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite;
- The willingness and curiosity to engage in the life and activities of SITI Company;
- Familiarity with current trends, issues, and ever-evolving standards and best practices in the field.
- Demonstrated project management experience;
- Working understanding of performance-based archives;
- Knowledge of web based relational databases used for description;
- Understanding of SITI training methodologies and work.
To apply, please email a letter of interest, resume, and a sample finding aid (each in Word or PDF format) to: SITI Search Team at email@example.com. Please put Processing Archivist in the subject line. SITI is looking to fill the position in summer 2021.